Forum > Authentic Sylvester Williams Jersey

Deadspin explains why the Detroit Lions suck A little bit of self-deprecation is healthy. It keeps us humble Authentic Kerryon Johnson Jersey , grounded and self-aware. And as Detroit Lions fans, self-deprecation should be our second language. How could we survive a half-century of a losing franchise if we can’t poke a little fun at ourselves? So while Drew Magary’s “Why Your Team Sucks” series isn’t exactly self-deprecation—he’s a long-suffering Vikings fan—there is something cleansing about absorbing the criticism. Call it thickening of the skin or call it masochism, but it feels good to read the things we’ve all felt about this franchise at some point or another. Some of us choose to continually say it every week, some of us stuff it deep down into our subconscious, but it’s always there.Magary’s series reached the Detroit Lions on Wednesday, and he holds nothing back. First he channels the self-loathing in us, summoning the 10-second runoff debacle against the Falcons and concludes this team is doomed to lose “at least four games because of the Helmet Rule.” But once Magary appeals to our self pity, he starts throwing haymakers. Matt Patricia’s sexual assault allegations, the city of Detroit, the Michigan accent (which doesn’t exist Authentic Matthew Stafford Jersey , screw you, Magary): Nothing is safe from Magary’s crosshairs. Of course, a staple of the “Why Your Team Sucks” series is the fan comments that round out the final half of the article. It’s always entertaining to listen to Lions fans tell their stories of torment and strife. Some claim they’ve quit the team for good (yeah, sure), others admit the punishment has given them a sense of peace knowing nothing can hurt them anymore. But the comment that hit me the most was this heartbreaking story about a fan who was there the last time the Lions won a playoff game:Sometimes being a Lions fan sucks. It’s okay to admit it. If you came away offended by Magary’s piece, you can also check out the Bears and Packers version of the series. I’m sure you’ll like those ones a little better.Tuesday open thread: Do you feel better, worse or the same after the Lions’ loss to the Jets? They say there’s no such thing as a stupid question, but today’s Question of the Day is going to test that mantra. It’s become a weekly tradition here at Pride of Detroit to gauge Lions fans’ confidence in the team throughout the regular season, asking fans whether they’re feeling better or worse about the team after each week’s performance. Coming out of the preseason, hope was lower than normal. The Lions looked horrible in pretty much every quarter of the exhibition season Womens Sylvester Williams Jersey , but it was easy to brush that off as meaningless. Those concerns are much harder to ignore when the same issues popped up in the first regular season game against what was thought to be an inferior opponent. So today’s Question of the Day is:Do you feel better, worse or the same after the Lions’ loss to the Jets?My answer: A lot worse... duh.I knew the defense was going to struggle early on, and not much about that side of the ball surprised me. In fact, early on, the defense actually looked a little better than I was expecting.However, the continued struggles of the offense were surprising, even if the feeling was all too familiar. For some time, the Lions’ offensive talent has been considered top-notch, but Detroit’s offense efficiency has never matched that perception. In the first week, the Lions’ run game continued to look awful Color Rush Ricky Jean Francois Jersey , the Lions offense again had a debilitatingly slow start, and Matthew Stafford got his ass kicked yet again.Overall, there’s very little about this team that looked much different from the team that collapsed down the stretch against inferior opponents last year. And they may even be significantly worse than where they were at the end of 2017.I’m not saying the Lions made a mistake in hiring Matt Patricia or that their 2018 season is already lost, but, man, it’s really hard to feel good about this team right now, whereas you could at least make some sort of argument 24 hours ago.Your turn.

March 10, 2019 | Registered Commenterchenyan94 yan