Forum > Advanced stats attempt to weed out the sleepers

among the draft prospects. One particular set of advanced stats highlighted a particular skillset that Clemson receiver Hunter Renfrow possessed that..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Raiders StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Raiders NewsYahoo Raiders Team PageYahoo Raiders ReportYahoo Raiders Depth ChartYahoo Raiders TransactionsYahoo Raiders PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Raiders fifth round pick Hunter Renfrow top three NFL Draft sleeper receiver Marcus Allen Jersey , dubbed ‘Red Zone Master’ New,51commentsPDTShareTweetShareShareRaiders fifth round pick Hunter Renfrow top three NFL Draft sleeper receiver, dubbed ‘Red Zone Master’ The Greenville News-USA TODAY SportsAdvanced stats attempt to weed out the sleepers among the draft prospects. One particular set of advanced stats highlighted a particular skillset that Clemson receiver Hunter Renfrow possessed that stood above all other receivers in this draft — he is a 5’10” Red Zone Master.That’s what SB Nation’s Bill Connelly dubbed him while naming him the number three sleeper receiver in this year’s draft.The saying goes you need a nice, big-bodied target to score in the red zone. This list could not push back harder on that truism. Metcalf, the biggest of big-bodied receivers, had the second-worst red zone catch rate and the worst per-target average of the group. David Sills V, another big body, scored an absurd number of touchdowns in college (33 in 2017-18) but required a metric ton of targets to pull it off. Notre Dame’s 6’4 Miles Boykin was also on the low end of the catch rate equation here.Meanwhile, Renfrow was by far the most efficient here, proving mesh does what we think fade routes do in the red zone. Hollywood Brown, the second-best of the bunch from a catch rate perspective, is 5’10 as well. A.J. Brown and Terry McLaurin are 6’0, Terry Godwin 5’11.The Raiders got Renfrow at 149 overall in the 5th round, first collecting picks by trading down in other rounds Bo Jackson Jersey , including the 158th overall pick in the 5th round, and then jumping up to get their new slot receiver and red zone guy.Follow @LeviDamien That escalated quickly. Seemingly out of nowhere, Raiders QB Derek Carr tweetd at UFC and Dana White about fighting a couple TV personalities. Something seemingly quite out of character for the usual “Golly gee, you know me” quarterback.So, what happened to make Carr go off the rails in fury and talking about wanting to fight TV personalities with whom he claims he pays no mind?This is what happened: Jon Gruden was asked at the Senior Bowl whether he thinks Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray’s height is an issue to which Gruden had this to say:“I used to think that a lot until I saw Drew Brees twice a year in Tampa. And then I met Russell Wilson coming out of NC State. And now I’m watching this kid Murray at Oklahoma and I am putting away all the prototypes that I once had. I used to have a prototype for hand size, height, arm length, all that stuff. We’re looking for guys that can play and do a lot of different things and they come in all shapes and sizes nowadays.”Seemed like a pretty generic response that was simply praising fine play by shorter quarterbacks, much like Gruden was known for doing (and often criticized for) during his years on his QB camp show. But Max Kellerman chose to read into that as saying Gruden was going to move on from Carr, in part because Carr “didn’t want it.”That’s what prompted Derek Carr’s response. He wasn’t done though.Carr went on to say that Kellerman and co-host Stephen A Smith are just mad because he blocked them on twitter “for talking trash about our team,” adding that he “Would love to actually sit and break down film with these two on tv just to show their viewers how incompetent (lacking qualification) they are about our game.”Stephen A Smith responded accepting Carr’s challenge. The one about coming on the show, not the one about the fight in the octagon.They say any publicity is good publicity. I’m sure the First Take guys are loving the publicity they are getting from being able to get under Derek Carr’s skin. And I’m sure a lot of Raiders fans love Carr’s response. I don’t think it’s a good look for Derek. He is supposed to be above this kind of nonsense. Getting so mad you make several threatening tweets at TV hot take artists only makes people wonder if they struck a nerve. But at least it’s the offseason. Let’s just hope we’re not still talking about this in August.Follow @LeviDamien

June 2, 2019 | Registered Commenterchenyan94 yan